Adelaide Meadow, the founder of Small Magic Birth, is a traditional midwife, functional medicine practitioner, and educator - serving women and their families, outside of the medical model.
With her intuitive and evolving knowledge of the body, she brings an insightful and playful approach to pregnancy, birth, and women's health. Adelaide's practices are based not only on formal study but also on personal experience. Following an accident that resulted in severe head and pelvic trauma, she surpassed all medical recovery predictions through self-study and functional movement, and women's-based medicine.
Adelaide lives in coastal Massachusetts (USA), with her radical husband and many dogs. Outside of her birth and well-woman care practice, she is an active organizer in promoting women's culture and feminist engagement. She regularly hosts lectures, classes, and monthly women's circles.
- Conscious Conception with Nancy Lucina through Free Birth Society - 2021
- Supporting Pregnancy Release with Midwife Molly - 2021
- Radical Birth Keeper School - Inaugural Class - 2020
- Individual Mentorship with Yolande Norris-Clark - 2020
- Building Vaginal Health and Strength with Kim Anami - 2020
- Spinning Babies Certified Practitioner - 2019
- CAPPA Certified Childbirth Educator Training (taught by Julie Brill) - 2019
- Pelvic Floor Physical Therapy Mentorship with Dr. Patricia Jenkyns - 2018
- DONA Breastfeeding Educatior Training - 2018
- DONA Birth Doula Training - 2018
- Yoga Teacher Trainer specializing in Movement for the Female Body - 2019 to present
- Yoga and Functional Movement teacher since 2012 - ongoing study with Annie Hoffman (Certified Iyengar Teacher)
- Iyengar Yoga for Healthy Pregnancy - 2021
- Iyengar Yoga for Pregnancy Complicationss - 2021
- RYT-500 with a concentration on Iyengar Yoga - 2012-2020
- RPYT-85 (Registered Perinatatl Yoga Teacher) for both Prenatal and Postpartum Yoga with OmBirths and Down Under Yoga - 2020
- Playback Theatre Actor - Levers One and Two with Will C., Cambridge, MA - 2017-2019
- Yoga for Pain Reduction with Fez Aswat - 2018-2019
- Advanced Study in qi gong and Daoist practice with Thomas Droge and Kevin Courtney - 2016